Golden Pond Assisted Living hosted the "Dance for our Aging Population" also known as the "DAPpers Movement" program at the town common. The class is instructed by Rachel Balaban. Balaban serves as the Regional Coordinator for "Dance for PD" and is assisted by Brown University Students. Canadian born Hare Krishna Monk Bhaktimarga Swami (a.k.a. the walking monk) also stumbled upon the class and joined the "DAPpers Movement."
The monthly class has a number of goals including:
● Increase coordination and flexibility while releasing body tension
● Improve balance and gait, strengthen your core, feel power and grace in your movements
● Enhance awareness of your body and aliveness through movement
● Breathe more deeply and vocalize more fully
● Experience different types of music that can affect you in different ways
● Feel supported as you explore in a safe and comfortable environment
● Socialize within a friendly and supportive community
For more information you can contact the below:
Rachel Balaban: Balaban.email@example.com 401.261.7062
Lisa Mancuso Lmancuso@goldenpondal.com 508.435.1250 ext. 21
Kelly Grill firstname.lastname@example.org 508.435.9222
Check out some scenes from the "DaPpers" and hear from instructor Rachel Balaban in the video below.
Coming soon you can see an HCAM news interview with Bhaktimarga Swami (a.k.a. the walking monk)