MassDOT Project Number: 606043
Construction Advisory No. 30 May 20, 2022 Two Week Look Ahead
Please be advised that this schedule may change due to weather conditions and existing conditions found while performing the tasks below. This work may impact traffic and require lane and sidewalk closures limiting access to driveways and entrances to businesses.
DETOUR: Starting Monday, May 23rd and continuing until completion of work (estimated at 3-5 days), Main Street will be closed to daytime traffic between Rt. 85 and Hayden Rowe from 7am to 3pm (or later as necessary). Eastbound traffic will be detoured up Grove Street, across Maple Street and back to Main Street via Hayden Rowe. Westbound traffic will be detoured up Hayden Rowe, across Maple Street and back to Main Street via Grove Street. Traffic on Main Street will be opened up at the end of the workday to at least one lane with alternating traffic. Two lanes will be opened up if possible. Detail officers will be on-site around the clock to assist with traffic flow.
What to Expect for the Week of May 23, 2022 to May 27, 2022
• Saw Cut for Duct Banks – mostly between Grove St. and Ash St.
• Install Electric Manholes and Telephone Manhole at the intersection of 135/85
• Begin Electric Duct Banks at 5 East Main Street
• Begin Service Connections from the Fire Station towards CVS
• Install Conduits for traffic signal at the Fire Station
What to Expect for the Week of May 30, 2022 to June 3, 2022
• No work on May 30, 2022 in observance of Memorial Day
• Saw Cut Duct Banks – mostly between Grove St. and Ash St.
• Continue Service Connections from Fire Station towards CVS
• Continue Electric Duct Banks from 5 East Main Street towards the Boston Marathon Start Line and continue to 2 Main Street
Additional information about the Main Street Corridor project is available on the
Town's project website at https://hopkintonmainstreet.com
The Town of Hopkinton appreciates your patience and consideration while we work to support MassDOT’s project to revitalize our downtown infrastructure.
View full information in attachments below.