Center School Evacuated For Gas Odor

contribute's picture

This morning, we enacted an evacuation plan. As a precaution, we relocated staff and students tothe gymnasium due to an odor located in the front of the building. The fire department and NSTAR inspected this area as well as the kitchen and other areas of the building. It was quickly determined that there was no evidence of a gas leak. The evacuation was precautionary. We will always air on the side of caution.

The fire chief complimented Center students and staff for the seamless transition to and from the gymnasium. We recited the Pledge of Allegiance via bullhorn and were back to our routines for scheduled gingerbread events.

As I recently shared, we practice a variety of skills including safety drills. This greatly contributes to our ability to respond quickly and calmly for whatever needs may arise.

Sincerely,
Lauren Dubeau, Principal