Gas Odor Interrupts Center School

contribute's picture

Dear Center School Families,

This morning, as a precaution, we relocated staff and students to the gymnasium due to an odor located in the front of the building. The fire department and NSTAR inspected this area as well as the kitchen and other areas of the building. It was determined that there was no evidence of a hazard.

The kitchen ventilation system was also inspected. A belt was replaced which will increase the efficiency of this system.

The evacuation was precautionary. As usual, our students and staff demonstrated fabulous flexibility and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Lauren Dubeau, Principal