Onset of Construction Activities
It is anticipated that the MassDOT contractor, A.F. Amorello will begin to mobilize in the coming weeks to
begin the long-anticipated construction of improvements to enhance Hopkinton’s Main Street Corridor.
The Town is working closely with MassDOT and the contractor to ensure the consistent flow of accurate
and timely information about this project and its temporary construction impacts to downtown abutters,
businesses, commuters, and the community at large.
What To Expect in the Coming Weeks:
• Beginning the week of Monday, March 8, 2021, the contractor, A.F Amorello will begin to mobilize on
• Neighbors and commuters can expect this phase to include the installation of Variable Flashing
Message Boards (VMBs) generally located on West Main Street, Wood Street, East Main Street,
Cedar Street and Grove Street. These boards will alert neighbors and commuters of upcoming traffic
impacts and construction activities.
• Also beginning on Monday, March 8th, the contractor will begin installing construction signage
associated with the beginning of construction.
• Actual project work by the contractor is anticipated to begin, weather permitting, the week of March
15th at the East Main Street/Ash Street area.
• As the work commences, police details will be onsite daily to coordinate all construction activities.
• Construction is planned to take place Monday through Friday, between 7am and 3pm.
• Abutting homes and businesses will be notified directly and in advance of any work that will
temporarily impact vehicular access to their properties as construction advances.
The Town of Hopkinton appreciates your patience and consideration while we work to support MassDOT’s
program to revitalize our Main Street Corridor. Additional information about this project is available at the
Towns project website: https://hopkintonmainstreet.com. If you would like to receive regular advisories
about this construction project, please sign up for construction updates at link below.