Here are the actions taken at the January 19, 2016 Board of Selectmen Meeting. You can view the full meeting below and find more information HERE.
3. i. MINUTES (ACTION)
The Board will consider accepting the following public session minutes:
6/23/15; 7/14/15; 8/11/15; 8/31/15; 9/11/15; 9/15/15; 9/22/15.
The Board accepted the public session minutes for 06/23/15; 07/14/15; 08/11/15/08/31/15;
09/11/15; 09/22/15. (4-0).
ii. PARADE PERMITS (ACTION)
The Board will consider the following parade permits:
1. Proponent: Live4Evan, Starting Point: EMC Park, Ending Point: Loop Road, Date & time: Saturday, September 10, 2016
Street Closings: none, Supporting Exhibits: Application & Permitting Team Comments.
The Board approved the Parade Permit for Live4Evan. (4-0)
2. Proponent: Max Performance, Tim Richmond: Starting Point: Hopkinton State Park, Ending Point: Hopkinton State Park
Date & time: 2 dates - May 15, 2016 and September 11, 2016. Street Closings: none
Supporting Exhibits: Application & Permitting Team Comments.
The Board approved the Parade Permits for Max Performance on two dates, May 15, 2016 and September 11, 2016. (4-0)
iii. ONE DAY LIQUOR LICENSE (ACTION)
The Board will consider approving a one day liquor license request from the HPTA for a Chili Cookoff to be held at St. John’s on Saturday, January 30, 2016, from 6:30 - 9:30p.m. They are requesting a Malt & Wine one day liquor license. Supporting Exhibits: Application & Permitting Team Comments.
The Board approved the One Day Liquor License for the HPTA Chili Cookoff on Saturday, January 30,
iv. Board resignation: the Board will consider accepting Bob Levenson’s resignation from the Personnel Committee.
Supporting Exhibits: Bob Levenson resignation email.
The Board approved the resignation of Bob Levenson from the Personnel Committee. (4-0).
7:00 PM BOARD APPOINTMENTS TO IRVINE-TODARO PROPERTIES (ACTION)
4. The Board will consider appointing candidates to the Group:
1. Three At-Large Candidates.
Supporting Exhibits: Irvine Todaro Advisory Group Charge;
Members already appointed; Candidates for At-Large seats.
The Board appointed At-Large Members Donna McKenna, Patrick Sansonetti and Alton Chen to the
Irvine-Todaro Properties Advisory Group. (4-0).
7:15 PM STAFF APPOINTMENTS (ACTION)
5. 1. Town Manager contract: The Board will consider approving the Town Manager’s contract.
The Chair of the Board of Selectmen continued Town Manager’s contract to the next meeting
because a full Board was not present.
2. Police Department Sergeants: The Board will consider promoting Aaron O’Neill and Matthew McNeil as new Sergeants of the Hopkinton Police Department per Chief Edward Lee’s recommendation.
The Board appointed Aaron O’Neill and Mathew McNeil as new Sergeants of the Hopkinton Police
3. The Board will consider appointing Matthew Santoro as the department’s newest Police Officer.
The Board appointed Matthew Santoro as Police Officer. (4-0).
4. Special Officer: The Board will consider appointing Lt. Chuck Wallace as a Special Officer for a three-year term to expire on January 19, 2019. Supporting Exhibit: List of Special Officers.
The Board appointed Lt. Chuck Wallace as a Special Officer for a three-year term to expire on January 19, 2019. (5-0).
7:30 PM LIQUOR LICENSES: 2016 CHANGES & HOURS OF OPERATION POLICY (ACTION)
6. The Board will review hours of operation policy for restaurants and related establishments and then consider approving (9) licensee requests for a change in hours or other aspects of their licenses.
Supporting Exhibits: staff memo on service hours; List of current and 2016 Requested Service Hours; MGL Hour of Service Regulation. Discussion continued to February 2, 2016.
3. DPW, Police, Dispatch Union Contract approval (ACTION)
The Board approved the DPW, Police, Dispatch Union Contracts. (5-0)